SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lbernardbuchan

Family Room and Office Art

Linda
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

I have moved recently and have purchased new furniture for our new family room and office that are connected and open to each other. We also purchased a new carpet (Tibetan) which was very spontaneous. We had not planned on going with this style carpet, we were going with something plainer and were planning on using abstract art. Big and bold colors. However we fell in love with the carpet we now have. Abstract art does not seem to be working now. Just an FYI on the wall unit you will see, the whale and the lamp have now been removed. I have included a dresser that is on order that is going behind the part of the sofa that goes past the wall. I would love advice on what type of art to purchase. I had not previously thought of black and white photography but it has crossed my mind now. Or sepia. I am thinking white frames. The ceilings are 9'. I want the rooms to look homogeneous. . That is the look I am going for other than the carpet. I could really use some help!! (I added in some photos of the original wall unit that was left with the house. We had it painted and it gives you a better idea of the full wall. I have ordered a floor lamp that is very short and sleek - in dark dark bronze for beside the chair on the left for reading). As you can see we removed all chair rail too.

Comments (18)