6 years ago

FOTESS OCTOBER, 2017

~YOU "SPICE" UP MY LIFE SWAP~

FOTESS requires that you be a member in order to swap with
this group.

FOTESS stands for Friends of the Earth Simple Swaps. For
more information

about membership, contact one of the leading ladies of
FOTESS, Jeanne (sandlapper_rose) or Shirley (sjc48).

And now on to the Swap, ~YOU "SPICE" UP MY LIFE~

Let us keep it easy and simple for the month of October! If
you decide to join in this month, here is what you will be doing....so easy
peazy and not tough on the wallet. You will send three items...1-2-3.

1. You will prepare your partner a home made spice
seasoning. The list is endless on what you can prepare.....Spicy Steak Rub or
Taco Seasoning or Old Bay Seasoning or Italian Herb Seasoning or Mexican
Chocolate Seasoning or Cajun Seasoning ect..ect...ect.... There are recipes all
over the internet and they are so very easy to make. If you cook at all, you
probably will have most, if not all, of the ingredients in your pantry. No need
to make a large amount...around 1/2 cup is fine. You can put in a small glass
or plastic container or a zip lock bag with the name and a list of ingredients.
If you do have an allergy or dislike for a specific spice/herb, please comment
on that when you sign up so that your partner will know what NOT to send your
way.

An example below....easy peazy!

Pumpkin Spice Seasoning

1/4 cup ground cinnamon

2 2/3 tbsp. ground ginger

2 tsp. ground allspice

2 tsp. ground cloves

2 tsp. ground mace

2 tsp. ground nutmeg

Makes about 1/2 cup.

2. Please send your partner one packet of herb/spice seeds.
We all grow basil, thyme , oregano....think out of the box and pick up
something a little different. Commercial or from your garden is fine.

3. I love grazing food aka appetizers......Please send your
partner one appetizer recipe. No chips and salsa, no cheese and crackers.....possibly
you have a killer appetizer that knocks everybodys socks off, or a favorite
family recipe that is unique and different or you can find something divine on
the internet.

NO boxes! And no need to send in the Priority Flat Rate
bubbler envelope. An ordinary BUBBLER envelope should do the trick....you pick
the size. Just make sure your container of choice does not leak and is wrapped
in a little bit of cushion (especially if it is in glass or plastic) so it does
not break or crack.

WE will be playing BINGO and a few other games throughout
the month....for prizes, of course.

Please send your packages by October 20

So get ready to SPICE up your FOTESS partners life with a
seasoning blend, a packet of seeds and a simply delish appetizer recipe. Easy does it...Have Fun!

Any Q's please ask.

Annie

Comments (181)

• gardengirl37232
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

2. Rungia klossii (mushroom plant)

• gardengirl37232
    6 years ago

1.Colosseum in Rome.

• Related Discussions

#2 FOTESS SWAP OCTOBER ~~"GIRLS JUST WANNA HAVE FUN"~~

Q

Comments (61)
    Good Morning Girls, Faye, no reason to be sorry! I am behind too....Jayeanne, I probably will not send your way until Monday, deadline day (Oct 24). *************************************** FUN BINGO (GAME 1) German Shep Boy loves both of his fetches today, especially #47........Good Luck! 47.Cemetary Chasing with Shirley (sjc...) 52.The Tempations sing, "My Girl" Previously fetched........ 29.Bette Midler sings, "Friends" 26.Alicia Keyes sings, "Girl On Fire" 8.Shopping until you drop or your broke 22.Pink Lemonade Cupcakes 43.A day at the pony races with Jeanne (sandlapper....) 50.Doing the "CHICKEN DANCE"...on top of the table....yes you can do it! 17.Gimme some Mud Pie 5.Fun, Fun, Fun at an upcoming Trump/Clinton Presidential Debate 24.Comfort food....Meatloaf and Mashed Potatoes 7.Gotta love those girls, The Supremes"....."Stop In The Name Of Love" 55.Roy Orbison sings, "Pretty Woman" 53.An Evening at the Ballet 36.Helen Reddy sings, "I am Woman" 10.??????? ???? ?? ??? ?? ???? ???????.....??? ????? ???????? ????! 48.Getaway for a week with your Girlie Friends 27.Pull a part bread, stuffed with cheese, ham, garlic and onions 3.A luscious basket of delectable fresh Berries 25.An Extra Large Pizza...loaded, including anchovies 11.The GoGos' sing, "We Got The Beat" 46.A big, buttery bowl of POPCORN 19.A tub of Macadamia Nut and White Chocolate Cookie Dough 42.Consuming a one lb. box of the best English Toffee candy, in private 31.PEACE without the husband or the kids ****************************** Possibly another game soon, if I can get my act together. Stay tuned!! Must run!! Annie
    ...See More

I LOVE Halloween Swap FOTESS October PART 2

Q

Comments (40)
    Indigo Rose tomato https://extension.oregonstate.edu/news/purple-tomato-debuts-indigo-rose Biggest issue sound like as it’s always deep purple, people harvest too early then it’s not as tasty. They tell you make sure the bottom has no green and it’s getting a bit soft before pulling it. Bred to have high levels of antioxidants, not in other tomatoes. "The new tomato is released as an open pollinated variety, and as such, seed saved from self-pollinated plants will grow true and not produce hybrids. "It's also important to know that genetic engineering techniques are never used to develop these lines," Myers said. "These tomatoes are not GMO.” Mine’s in my cart, need to double check a few of my lists to be sure I didn’t miss anything else this time.
    ...See More

February FOTESS Activity - Herbs and Spice and Everything Nice

Q

Comments (194)
    Susan ... OMG osh ... THANK YOU very much for all the FUN gifties you sent my way ... You did not need to send all those, but I really appreciate the thoughtfulness and generosity, very much appreciated! a lovely card and note ....LOVE the beautiful FLAMINGO hand towels, those are already out and hanging, the fantastic assortment of seeds in the cutest little bag, wow! I plan to get these sown probably Monday ... seasoning, flamingo luggage tag, journal, crossword puzzle book, trident gum, handcream, lip gloss set, honey vanilla chamomile tea bags - cant wait to try this! THANK YOU so much Susan .... I had lots of FUN with your herbs and spice swap Susan and enjoyed learning from your postings!
    ...See More

MAY FOTESS SWAP~~~IT WON'T COST YOU A PENNY"

Q

Comments (94)
    OHHHH!! Wow Yes! Package arrived today and I found a very cute green pillow that says "Plant Lady" I call myself that Crazy Plant Lady so the pillow is both appropriate and kind. Other prize is great pair of garden shears. Definately useful and appreciated. Many thanks. So, if a duplicate package arrives I don't need to just return it Kohls? Unopened packages still ship return for free, so far as I know
    ...See More
  • gardengirl37232
    6 years ago

Annie, I have seen no snakes at my place thankfully (Did see a garden snake once in my backyard in Nashville and traumatized me from going out in the yard in the dark. I have seen plenty of lizards here but they are endemic, aren't they?

• gardengirl37232
    6 years ago

6. smart phone (iPhone)

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    6 years ago

I'm back......

Well, I have more points to give away.....

There are two correct guesses. BRAVO to Emily X 2.

#2 Emily, you are correct with your guess of the Mushroom Plant (Rungia klossii). Does anyone have this plant in their garden?? It actually does taste somewhat like a mushroom. It is considered an Herb. The green leaves can be used in soups, on sandwiches ect....Emily 2 points

#6 Emily, well done. I am getting myself an IPHONE. I suppose it is about time! My flip phone is about to expire. I despise phones of any kind and use only when I must.......Emily 1 point

Emily 11 points (this round 6 points)

Erica 2 points (this round 0)

Jayeanne 2 points (this round 1 point)

Amy 1 point (this round 1 point)

#1 still has not been answered.........I have changed my mind and will copy the previous clues in to the next post with a new clue.....

I will be back!

Annie

• gardengirl37232
    6 years ago

Annie, I have never even heard of the mushroom plant until this morning. Sounds like a good plant to have.

Annie, your package is ready. I will drop it off at the post office tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully it won't take too long to reach you. I hope you like it.

• l1oness
    6 years ago

Thank you for letting me know you sent the package Lisa - I'll keep an eye out for it! I will be sending yours at the end of this week.

I had a rough week and had to put my 12 year old dog to sleep on Tuesday. It was hard for my husband and I, and it's taking a little while to get things back on track.

In addition, I'm switching jobs, so this is my last week in my current job, and next week I start a new one. I'm still on track to get your package out, just a little later than I expected.

I'll post once I get it all squared away.

Mandy

• xiangirl zone 4/5 Nebraska
    6 years ago

I did it! It took me 3 days, but I planted 300 bulbs I got on clearance. You all know me--flowers + a good deal = irresistible. I dug out a trench 4" wide and 5" deep along the front sidewalk 90 ft. long. The first 45 ft. has Claudia tulips with some purple passion and pink impression dotting the way. The second half is Miranda red tulips. Because this is the flowers along the street with the 45 degree angle--the water always drains down into the street. now I have a little buffer to keep the water in the flowers! (I can always hope.) Every time I do this I say, "I'm never buying bulk bulbs again." Somewhow my memory fades!!! Heidi

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    6 years ago

1. Last month, I took a little trip with one of my sisters
    and one of my brothers. We were gone for several days and had a wonderful time
    .....lots of sibling fun. There were many places to go and things to see, but there
    was one specific place I wanted to venture to and enjoy the fun, for the very first
    time.

NAME THIS PLACE SPECIFICALLY....2 points

*clue.....Lots of action going on at THIS PLACE

*clue....Not in California

*clue....THIS PLACE is very large and can hold many people

*clue....THIS PLACE is an outside venue

*clue....The city that THIS PLACE is in, was about 35 minutes from the airport we flew in to.

*clue...I did visit an old cemetery in this city and it was in walking distance to THIS PLACE

*clue...as far as I an tell from all of your guesses, no one is in the correct state of where THIS PLACE is.....No New York, No Washington, No Louisiana, NO AZ, NO South Carolina, No IL and NO PARIS, NO ROME........

*clue....On the day, I was at THIS PLACE, there were many Veterans and Military men and women in attendance but they were not the majority of the crowd. Some of them were even celebrated.....Very Cool and it gave me goosebumps big time. BUT this was not the primary reason for going to THIS PLACE on this day.

*clue.....THIS PLACE is not on the WEST or EAST COASTS

Annie

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    6 years ago

And BINGO TIME.....

Probably will not be around tomorrow.....must leave early in AM and will not be back until late. Baby J fetched x 5 to cover today and tomorrow.....so nice she fetched a bonus for you......good girl!

2.Edison Lighthouse sings, "Love Goes (Where My
    Rosemary Goes)"...1970

19.Simply Julia Child.....no further explanation necessary.

27.DoveCandyBar

1 The Spice Girls sing, "Spice Up Your Life"..1997

51.Ghost Pepper Seasoning Salt

Emily, I have my husband mailing your package tomorrow. I would think delivery Tuesday or Wednesday. Enjoy!!

• EricaBraun
    6 years ago

Mandy -- So sorry to for your loss. At least your baby had a long life.

Hope your new job goes well.

• smitties
    6 years ago

Mandy, sorry to hear about your dog. It's hard to lose a furry family member. We lost our oldest kitty this past week too.

Heidi, I understand the excitement of cheap bulbs. I brought a bunch of bulbs from my old house, I just haven't gotten them all planted.

Haven't checked bingo in a couple days, we are up in Michigan visiting daughter and her boyfriend.

In a freak accident, while visiting them, my husbands foot was run over by our runaway pick up truck. Fortunately, the truck slowly rolled across the road and down an incline to stop at a fence without hitting anything. Adrian was alone when this happened so managed to get the truck back in the road and back to my daughters. We took him to the ER and he broke two supporting bones, one on each side of his ankle. He's very lucky. He has an appointment with an orthopedic doctor Tuesday. He might need surgery.

Annie, whatever you're up to, have fun.

Margo

• gardengirl37232
    6 years ago

Mandy, so sorry for your loss.

Margo, so sorry to hear what happened to your husband. Hope all goes well with his surgery and his recovery.

• gardengirl37232
    6 years ago
    1. Red Rock Amphitheatre in Colorado.
  • amybabyboy3
    6 years ago

Margo, Hope your husband feels better and has a quick recovery.

Mandy, So sorry to hear about your dog.

I hope this week is a good and safe week for everyone. Take care, Amy

1. Churchill Downs horse races, Kentucky

• pinkiris
    6 years ago

1. Santa Fe Wine & Chile Fiesta, New Mexico

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Mandy, GOD BLESS your doggie....I like to think that your pup is having a mighty fine time with all of the other pups at the forever party in the sky........so sorry.

Margo, I hope all is well with your Adrian........

Emily, Amy and Jayeanne....BUZZ.....THIS PLACE is not in Colorado, Kentucky or New Mexico.

Take a breather on guessing #1..... I will be back on Tuesday to deliver you some more clues.

Happy Evening and Happy Monday!

Annie

• xiangirl zone 4/5 Nebraska
    6 years ago

Margo--so sorry to hear about your husband's accident. There's been a string of guys in our church with ailments. We now pray for the WIVES. Guys have a bit of trouble taking it easy. A guy with 2 knee replacements could find one thing to do--ride his motorcycle! Until he got caught by his wife. Another guy had a toe amputated, another had hernia, several had various surgeries. So now I offer the wives free duct tape and they laugh--but they say they might call so I better be ready! ha One guy has 2 teen daughters and a wife. He'll not only get duct tape...he'll get pink, flowers and pastel duct tape...followed by Facebook posts. That kept him down an extra hour! Heidi

• l1oness
    6 years ago

Thank you all for your kind words. Margo - I hope your husband's foot heals well, and I'm sorry to hear of your kitty passing too.

i received a happy surprise in the mail today from Lisa. She sent me some very aromatic Italian Herb Mix (it smells wonderful) with a packet of basil, and a packet of plant markers and a yummy sounding recipe for New England Bean Dip. Thank you very much! Yours will be in the mail later this week - my plan is to head to the post office on Friday, if not before!

Mandy

• gardengirl37232
    6 years ago

Annie, I dropped your package off at the post office at around 3 PM today. Expected delivery is tomorrow! Hope you enjoy it.

Tracking: 9505514508417289166112

• sandlapper_rose
    6 years ago

Mandy, I'm sorry to hear about your dog ... and Margo, ouch about your husband's foot. I can't even imagine how bad that hurt. I hope he heals soon.

Heidi, I missed commenting on all the bulbs you planted. Wow!

I 'm logged on to thank Beth. My package arrived today and what fun - cajun seasoning mix, a pretty package of catnip seeds, and a recipe for Quick Mini-Pizzas as well as a recipe that uses the cajun seasoning mix to create Cajun Potato Wedges. I will definitely try that.

Thanks so much, Beth. The package smells wonderful! I'll be mailing your in a few days.

Jeanne

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Emily, tracking # 9500 1162 0407 7289 0436 08....delivery looks like Wednesday.....

YOU "SPICE" UP MY LIFE PARTNERS

Let me know if I have missed anything....

*Beth send to Jeanne....SENT/RECEIVED

*Jeanne sends to Beth

*Amy send to Jayeanne....SENT

*Jayeanne send to Amy.....SENT/RECEIVED

*Erica sends to Margo....SENT/RECEIVED

*Margo sends to Erica...SENT/RECEIVED

*Lisa sends to Mandy....SENT/RECEIVED

*Mandy sends to Lisa....SENT

*Emily sends to Annie....SENT/RECEIVED

*Annie sends to Emily....SENT/RECEIVED

BINGO TIME...

GSD Boy has done carried out his canine duties this morning. One of today's fetches is a reminder...if you have not had your annual mammogram, please do so. Mammograms do save lives......

16.Puerco Bravo (Braised Pork with Spicy Potatoes)

55.October.....Breast Cancer Month

Annie

• smitties
    6 years ago

I received my swap from Erica. I will post later as I need to get ready for work. Bad news on my hubbys ankle and I'll update that too. Margo

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    6 years ago

I'm sorry to hear of all the injuries and pet losses. It's terrible. I hope hearts and ankles heal quickly.

Mandy, I apologize for sending basil seeds. It was the only herb seeds that I could find in my local nursery. I only grow flowers so I had nothing other than that to share. The New England bean dip doesn't sound very appetizing but it is a huge hit in a very upscale local restaurant here in New England. If you like kidney beans, you will love it.

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    6 years ago

OMG....My husband just called and he told me put all of todays mail in the car by accident as he was leaving to go fishing. Unfortunantley, he will not be back until late Thursday. Emily, your package was in the mail so I will report back on Thursday or Friday to announce the contents.

I have surprise guests on the way to my house so I will hold off continuing our game. Not sure if they are staying until tomorrow or Thursday.....need to go cook stuff.

Happy day!!

Annie

• l1oness
    6 years ago

Hi Lisa! I love basil - it's not a hardship. I didn't have much in the way of herbs myself, so hopefully you like your surprise! My husband was able to get to the post office for me, so your package was sent today. If you need the tracking info, please let me know!

Margo - sorry to hear that you have bad news on your husband's ankle!

Mandy

• gardengirl37232
    6 years ago

I got Annie's terrific package today. Got to love it when the post office has their act together and can deliver in one day. Annie sent a yummy sounding Spicy Sweet Emily Blend that has an amazing assortment of peppers (did you grow these yourself and dry them?) and spices and an I Don't Know About This Cocoa Rub that sounds like it would be great in a savory or sweet dish. Each spice package also came with a cute wooden (pretty sure it is olive wood) spoon. She also sent commercial safflower, summer savory, large leaf tong ho, Amsterdam cutting celery, and salad burnet seeds. She sent a delicious sounding recipe for Pull Apart Bread with Garlic, Bacon, Swiss and Cheddar (I will have to buy some cheese so I can make this). She also sent a packet of premium popcorn. Those spice mixes would probably be a good flavoring for it. There was also a little decorative cloth that would probably be great on top of one of my jam jars. Everything was very nicely packaged. Thank you so much!

• sandlapper_rose
    6 years ago

As you know, Margo's husband has a bad injury to his foot and she won't be able to be hostess for November as she had planned. Does anyone else want to take that month? If not, we can just have a month without a swap. It's totally fine with me. Everyone has so much going on. I know at least at my house, each year it seems we start to get ready for Christmas a few weeks earlier. Otherwise we just can't get it all done in time.
    Jeanne

• amybabyboy3
    6 years ago

Jayeanne, Your package is on the way.

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    6 years ago

BINGO TIME,,,,here you go....bonus fetch for you today.....just because!!

11.Red Quinoa Salad with Spicy Lime Vinaigrette

22.Molasses Spice Cookies

38.Palomas With Salty Chili Sugar....good grief then bad
    grief if you have to many!!

Emily, wishing he could bring back lots of fish...haha! In California, there are serious limitations on how many fish you can catch. My husband went deep sea fishing specifically for Rock Cod in the Avila/Morro Bay are of Central CA. He will bring home the Max that he can catch and it will not be much....the two of us will knock it all off in two-three nights. Frankly, it is much cheaper to go buy the fish versus fishing for it...but it is all about the "sport".

And Emily, I did grow the peppers in your Emily Blend.....I dehydrated them and ground them up in my cuisinart grinder.

Must run....out the door. Happy day!

Annie

• gardengirl37232
    6 years ago

Annie, I had visions of him bringing back enough to fill a freezer. Did not realize there were all these restrictions.

Excited to try my spice mix especially as it took you months to make it! Thanks again!

• smitties
    6 years ago

I am so sorry I have not posted my package contents. Between doctor visits and work the past three days, I haven't had time to breathe. Adrian is having surgery Wednesday. One bone is broke and the other has several breaks. Needed pre op doc visit today and will have a CT scan on this Monday. Everything has been on days I work except surgery. Drive, drive, drive. He will be laid up for 12 weeks because he cannot put any weight on the foot for that length of time. He's getting one of those knee scooters but I'll be doing just about everything for a while. Thinking of hiring neighbor kid to mow.

My wonderful package from Erica contained a Cajun spice mix.

Erica also sent huacatay seeds aka Peruvian black mint. I'm excited to grow this. I have actually not heard of it before. Grows tall so that's fun

I also received an appetizer recipe for Ocopa which looks interesting as well as a quinoa recipe. Looking forward to trying both.

Thank you Erica. I apologize again for the late post. I do enjoy it all.

Hope everyone is having a good week. I'm off the next two days with no commitments. Woo hoo.

Margo

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Emily, regarding the fishing limits/restrictions.....Welcome to California.

Margo, hoping all goes well for Adrian.....thoughts and prayers for him and for you.

Loving all the packages that you FOTESSERS are sending. The spice blends and the appetizers sound wonderful. I would love to have all of these appetizer recipes. If anyone cares to post the recipes or give the website of where you got the recipes, I would love it.

Continuing our little game.

1. Last month, I took a little trip with one of my sisters and one of my brothers. We were gone for several days and had a wonderful time .....lots of sibling fun. There were many places to go and things to see, but there was one specific place I wanted to venture to and enjoy the fun, for the very first time.

NAME THIS PLACE SPECIFICALLY....2 points

*clue.....Lots of action going on at THIS PLACE

*clue....Not in California

*clue....THIS PLACE is very large and can hold many people

*clue....THIS PLACE is an outside venue

*clue....The city that THIS PLACE is in, was about 35 minutes from the airport we flew in to.

*clue...I did visit an old cemetery in this city and it was in walking distance to THIS PLACE

*clue...as far as I an tell from all of your guesses, no one is in the correct state of where THIS PLACE is.....No New York, No Washington, No Louisiana, NO AZ, NO South Carolina, No IL, NO Kentucky, NO New Mexico, No Colorado and NO PARIS, NO ROME........

*clue....On the day, I was at THIS PLACE, there were many Veterans and Military men and women in attendance but they were not the majority of the crowd. Some of them were even celebrated.....Very Cool and it gave me goosebumps big time. BUT this was not the primary reason for going to THIS PLACE on this day.

*clue.....THIS PLACE is not on the WEST or EAST COASTS

*clue....At THIS PLACE, on this day, there was clapping, jumping, running, singing, music, laughing....lots of excitement

clue....There is the possibility, that some of you, have never heard of THIS PLACE.....but then, that is why I give you funky clues. Oh what would we do without the internet to research.....

YOU "SPICE" UP MY LIFE PARTNERS

*Beth send to Jeanne....SENT/RECEIVED

*Jeanne sends to Beth

*Amy send to Jayeanne....SENT

*Jayeanne send to Amy.....SENT/RECEIVED

*Erica sends to Margo....SENT/RECEIVED

*Margo sends to Erica...SENT/RECEIVED

*Lisa sends to Mandy....SENT/RECEIVED

*Mandy sends to Lisa....SENT

*Emily sends to Annie....SENT/RECEIVED

*Annie sends to Emily....SENT/RECEIVED

Happy Evening!

Annie

• EricaBraun
    6 years ago

Annie, was it Burning Man at Black Rock City, Nevada?

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Erica....BUZZ.....not in Nevada!!

• gardengirl37232
    6 years ago

GrapeFest in Grapevine, Texas.

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Emily....BUZZ.....Texas, another state that THIS PLACE is not in!!

clue....I have another trip planned in 2018 to go this city and state once again and I will be going to THIS PLACE again. The event at THIS PLACE will be different.

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Happy Morning...

BINGO TIME....

Golden Retriever Congo is a here for an early swim with my canines. Congo did the honors.

14.M & M's with peanuts

34.Eleven secret herbs and spices

Annie

• amybabyboy3
    6 years ago

Is it Branson MO?

Margo, hope your husband has a speedy recovery.

• smitties
    6 years ago

Annie, I swear you mentioned this at one time or another unless it was someone else. Was it in Ohio somewhere?

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Amy....BUZZ....THIS PLACE is not in MO

Margo....BUZZ....THIS PLACE is not in OH

clue....I possibly mentioned THIS PLACE in the past. Possibly, Margo has heard of THIS PLACE.

clue.....THIS PLACE is a nickname. The nickname is what people know it by/as......for example a favorite restaurant has a nickname of THE PIT....but the real name is The Tartan Room ....... hope that clarifies. The correct answer will be the nickname.

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    6 years ago

LOL......this question is now worth 12 points, not 2.....hahahaha!!

• pinkiris
    6 years ago

Amy ... thank you very much for the delicious smelling spicy package! Yum, smells like I should be cooking something, LOL! A beautiful Halloween card, Turkey Rub and Taco Seasoning ... 2 of my favorites! we have tacos at least once a week, so that is perfect! and we love turkey (anytime) so this will be helpful for next months bird! Thank you! The Jalapeno cheese crisps appetizers sound amazing, I will have to make these this weekend for our tailgating friends. Im skimming through the 'gourmet bites' appetizer book you sent ... and ill be busy trying some of these in the next few weeks as well =) also thank you for the herb seeds, yellow loosestrife, stevia, and toothache plant. I have never tried any of these so they are all new to me. Do you grow these? I may try and wintersow a few of them. I did a few different herbs winter sowing last year and they did great! Thank you so much Amy!

Annie ... Im going to guess Detroit – Motor City ....

• amybabyboy3
    6 years ago

Jayeanne, I grew all of the herbs this year. I wintersowed the loosestrife and it grew great. Really pretty yellow and tall. The toothache plant I also wintersowed and that grew really nice. The stevia I bought the plants but harvested the seeds. My son used the stevia in his drinks and loved it. I am happy that you liked the package! Take care, Amy

• amybabyboy3
    6 years ago

Indianapolis Speedway, Indiana?

• amybabyboy3
    6 years ago

Jayeanne, I forgot to mention I made the deviled eggs and used your recipe! AWESOME and I have used all of the spices and in fact I am using the kodiak rub tonight on salmon. The chocolate habanero salt was delicious with my scalloped potatoes!!! Yum Yum Yum

• pinkiris
    6 years ago

Amy, wow! LOL OH I absolutely love the deviled eggs with the gherkins, lol. Did you add the gherkins on the tops? DH thinks its so funny that I do that, but anyone that tries those, loves them, LOL! I have more of those seasonings if you would like or need more, I keep those on hand until I run out and then will make more. (usually only twice a year, around the time I harvest and dehydrate my peppers) The chocolate habanero salt sounds incredible on your scalloped potatoes! YUM ...My favorite is the cajun ghost, I use that with all kinds of things.... burgars, meatloaf, soups, olive oil dipping & dressings, fries, baked potatoes, potato salad, shrimp, pork chops, beef kabobs, steak tips, even toss a pinch of it on top salads... the list is endless.... The kodiak spice rub is DH's go too for salmon. I dont care for Salmon but he loves it! We do lots of tailgating and bbq's ...so that 'seasoning' is sorta one of my specialtys. Can you tell I enjoy cooking ....LOL So happy to hear you enjoyed those! =) heres a few others too....Let me know if you need more! LOL

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Jayeanne and Amy....BUZZ......Tiz not Motor City or Indie Speedway.....

clue....Jayeanne or Amy is in the correct state of where THIS PLACE is.

Remember, you will get 12 points if you correctly guess THIS PLACE!!!!! The city and state alone will get you nowhere with me LOL! THIS PLACE is a nickname.

I am going to have to start a new thread tonight or in the morning.....

Annie

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    6 years ago

I just started #2 YOU "SPICE" UP MY LIFE......

http://forums.gardenweb.com/discussions/4928447/fotess-october-2-~you-spice-up-my-life

Please grab your BINGO fetches, your game clues, your thoughts, yourself and whatever else you want to bring and start posting on #2......

SOOOOO.....no more posting here!!

Thanks much!

Annie