SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mem2014

Help with Farmhouse Dining Room

mem2014
6 years ago

After years of working on the "bones" of a 1836 farmhouse, its time for the fun part! I'm working my way through updating rooms and would love suggestions on this dining room. I am leaning more towards modern farmhouse and slowing turning over furniture pieces in the house that just don't go. I'd love some nice artwork but nothing too "rustic". Most of the fixtures and hardware has moved to oil rubbed bronze from all the brass that once dominated the entire house.

I'm also inheriting a dining room set that I am having professionally refinished/painted in a limestone and darker slate grey to add contrast to the neutral background. The queen anne set shown here is going! Also, please ignore the clutter as its a work in progress :-) I will be removing as much furniture as I can from the room to start fresh. I'd love some suggestions for carpet, artwork, drapes and upholstery for the chairs. Here are some pics of the room now - it original state was green/pink shimmer wallpaper, purple and pink painted trim. And the ceiling was wallpapered as well! (shudder). Sorry there are no before shots but I'll try to find a few old ones for amusement!!!

Thanks so much Houzzers!

Comments (30)