SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wen108

Help Save My Monstera Plant: Bottom Leaves Yellow & New Growth Brown

Wendy Amp
6 years ago

I got this plant a month ago and there's been problems since. I tried getting fertilizers, draining the plant, watering it when the top soil is dry. I want to fix the issue before it destroys the whole plant.

Bottom leaves are yellow: This started 2 weeks ago and so far have lost 4 leaves. I noticed the veins stay green and yellowing starts at the edge. Leaves that do yellow always have brown spots at the center. After pulling the stem out, I noticed the end of the stem are always soft and brown.

New Growth arrive with brown tips: there's been 3 new growth since I got the plant. All the new leaves emerge with brown tips even before unrolling and maturing. I'm not sure why.

Minor observations: I also noticed the stem near the roots are a bit brown (as seen in pic). The pot is placed a few meters from direct sunlight and right next to a floor lamp. It sits on two pots; a plastic pot with a drainage hole covered by a decorative pot. I always remove the decorative pot after water to allow draining.

Comments (3)