SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mar9en

I THINK I've ID'd all 24 of my succulents but one. How do they look?

Mare TN z7a
6 years ago

I just repotted a bunch of my succulents into ceramic pots with gritty mix today... then spent several hours trying to ID each one via Google. Here's the only one I couldn't narrow down... some kind of Crassula?

It came in a gift pot that was packed with other succulents in compacted potting soil, and it was already really leggy. I've had it for a few weeks in better light than it was getting, so it seemed to be growing better at the top. These I just repotted into leftover soil in a decorative pot because I didn't know what to do with them (and was out of gritty).

Here are the rest of my succulents (and one cactus) with my best guess to what it is. What do you think?

#1 Echeveria runyonii "Topsy Turvy"

#2 Kalanchoe luciae

#3 Pachyphytum hookeri
I'm letting this one dry out before replanting... Am I doing it right or have I killed it? It was on a long stem from losing its bottom leaves.

#4 Pachyphytum compactum

#5 Kalanchoe tomentosa

#6 Sedeveria "Blue Burrito"?

#7 Crassula ovata
This one seemed to have some mealybug residue in the crevices, which I tried to wash off. I didn't notice any actual insects... hope it's okay.

#8 Crassula ovata "Minima"?
These poor jades lost all their leaves, I think due to the poor soil. Hopefully they can recover! The leaves that seemed mature were all small. I would love for these to really grow out.

These preceding 5 plants were replanted from the tightly packed gift pot, which was full of damp peaty soil with no drainage. I shook off almost all the soil but really had to work to unpack them. I wasn't sure if washing them in water was a good idea, so I just used a plastic fork, which I'm sure damaged a lot of roots. :(

#9 Kalanchoe longiflora (also from the gift pot)

This was a little tray I'm planning on redoing once I have more gritty mix. It's a plastic insert in a wooden tray without drain holes, which I wanted to hang in front of a window. My hope is that if I use a rocky medium I can just water it a little and let the excess evaporate. Right now I mixed a handful of the gritty mix with leftover potting soil and put cuttings, leftover succulents, and some cactus offshoots in it. The medium is only about an inch deep and I didn't water it after preparing and planting.

(continued in next post)

Comments (28)