SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
binba9__

Countertop - help!

6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

First the venting... Skip to the design question below if you wish. :-)

----

My kitchen turned to be a complete teardown following a water leak damage. My contractor recommended prefab (which I have no problem with) and referred me to an established, busy stone retailer. I found an MSI sample I liked that was available in prefab, but being a tiny sample (3x3") he said he could me a bigger sample. I also wanted it because on MSI's site the material looks totally different. That was 3 weeks ago. After numerous calls and "it'll be here in a few days" I gave up and called MSI myself (I didn't know they had public showrooms). Within 5 minutes I learned that there's no slab and no sample - it's all out of stock for 2-3 MONTHS. I haven't had a kitchen in 5 months... and counting; with this setback I'm even more reluctant to approve a final cabinet door design before I have a clue what my countertop looks like. (I believe that's a reasonable approach?) I also already had to spend an extra $1500 (which almost turned into $2500) to replace my electrical panel just to add 2 more breakers to comply with code. And now this... I'm pulling hairs here.

----

I'm looking for granite or quartz in dark gray or even black, with marbling/veining. Some options I liked:

• Caesarstone 5100 Vanilla Noir
  • MSI K819, Babylon Grey Concrete (the one that's unavailable)
  • Cimstone 880 Toros
  • Caesarstone 6003 Coastal Gray (lightest I'll consider)

Do you know of any similar designs that are available in prefab?

(PS I also attached a sample of my cabinet finalists, #2 and #3 in the last picture - rift cut glazed bleached white oak, and glazed bleached maple.)

Comments (6)