SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
biondanonima

Help choosing window treatments (blinds?)

When we purchased our home a year ago, it came equipped with crappy white mini-blinds on every window. We have slowly been replacing them as budget allows, but I am stuck on window treatments for the foyer and living room. The house is a foursquare, so these are the two rooms at the front of the house and are quite open to each other and are painted the same color (separated only by a wall with an 8' wide doorway which I believe used to have pocket doors). Here are some photos.

Living room, taken from the foyer:

Foyer, taken from the living room:

The window you see in the photos are the only windows in each room, with the exception of a large window at the top of the staircase in the foyer (you can't see it, but it runs up behind the piano). The two windows through which you can see colored lights are on the front if the house, overlooking a covered front porch, so no real need for privacy or light reduction. The other two (one in each room) face the neighboring houses. We are far enough from the neighbor on the living room side not to really need privacy, and there are trees for shade over there as well. On the foyer side, though, the neighboring house is less than 15' away, so blinds or another privacy solution are a must.

Anyway, you can see that I have curtains hanging in the living room, but I have never been wild about the way they look, given that they are stuck behind the couches. I feel like removing the curtains and replacing them with blinds or shades might be a cleaner look, but I am sort of overwhelmed by the number of choices! Also, should I stick with one type of blind for both rooms to create some continuity, or would different types suit the rooms better? Advice and opinions much appreciated - thanks in advance!

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living