SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jaydat54

Is there any hope for my Meyer Lemon Tree? (Yellowing Leaves)

Jayda T
6 years ago

Hello everyone!

I'm here to see if anyone can help diagnose a problem with my meyer lemon tree, Lemont.

I've owned Lemont for 2 years. He was transplanted from his 10in plastic planter into this larger (I forgot the size) clay planter last year. Seemed to be doing reasonably well all last year. Was brought inside for the winter (I reside in Chicago). This year Lemont beared 5 small Lemons.

(front of dropped leaves)

(back of dropped leaves)

I've always experienced yellowing leaves on this particular tree, but it's getting worse and the amount of yellowing per leaf was never this severe. The squirrels aren't helping either; I've had to pick off the partially yellow lemons to prevent anymore damage.

I have a moisture meter. And the reading always says "wet" so I only water the tree 1x per week. If I feel the top 2 inches of soil are too dry I add a little water to moisten the top but never a full flush (because I don't want the feet of the plant to be soaked).

The soil mixture is comprised of the soil mix from it's original planter (drained really well) , plus potting mix, plus additional perlite. I added a lot of perlite to encourage drainage. So if I had to guess , there is 25% perlite, 40% of its original mix, and 35% potting mix.

Is there anything I can do now to turn things around for Lemont? He's half naked because the tree has been dropping leaves nonstop =(

Comments (17)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH