SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
klebanov

Advice needed on selecting TV stand & coffee table

klebanov
6 years ago

Hi everyone! I would greatly appreciate some guidance on a TV stand and small coffee table (or bunching tables) that would look good in my new living room/kitchen addition. Photos attached. I typically like transitional, classic designs with pops of color, that are also practical as I'm a mom of very young kids (<4 years old).

Given the dark leather sofa (which I selected primarily because it would hold up well with kids), should I use lighter color furniture so it doesn't get too dark? E.g., white TV stand? Small metal, glass, or acrylic coffee table that is round? I was considering a fabric ottoman, but I was thinking there is a high chance of kids bringing food and drinks there so I'm prioritizing easy-to-clean.

For additional context, the living room opens up into the kitchen where we have white cabinets, a dark brown island and silver hardware. I haven't gotten started on decor - though I'm hoping to bring in my favorite color (navy blue) in some way and haven't completely figured out accent colors.

Dimensions:

* Space between trim of windows on TV wall is 85". Current TV is 55" and if we ever upgraded it would likely not be larger than 65"

* Space between left end of sofa to beginning of chaise section is 65"

* The chair is a rocking swivel chair (herringbone performance fabric) that can turn towards the TV or the kitchen, so I'll need some space for it to swivel.

I've been waiting a long time for this addition, so I'm excited about decorating and would love your help. Thanks in advance!!

-Kristin

Comments (10)