SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tansunny

furniture for office/guest bedroom?

Angela M
6 years ago

Hello, we recently learned that our family of two will become a family of three. We have a 3 bedroom house with one bedroom as an office and one room as a guest room. Since there is a baby on the way, we will either need to put a desk in the living room or more likely, make the office/guest bedroom a combined room.
Both extra bedrooms are about the same size, about 10x12 perhaps. We do have company stay pretty frequently as we live far away from our families. I am thinking a Murphy bed might be nice, but they are all expensive.
I am open to putting a desk in the living room, but I am not sure where as we don't have a lot of wall space/corners. The main wall has the couch, where it must remain as it is power, so it needs to be plugged in. The other wall is mostly a set of french doors. There is really only one corner of the room, where the tv sits. The other "corners" are where the room is open to a foyer, on the opposite side its open to a bedroom. And our living room/dining room is an open floor plan, so no corner there to speak of either.
I guess I'll need to post pics, but I'm looking for functional, AFFORDABLE, space saving set ups. We do not have much of a budget for this project.

Comments (2)