SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pennywise2013

Water leak from the window top

pennywise2013
6 years ago

Our home in Atlanta is a new construction brick exterior 2014 built and 3 years old. its a two story house with basement. Today I have noticed leak on one of the windows. The leak is like water drops dripping one in 10 sec. Today we have gusty winds, thanks to Irma, but the rain is not that much. we have two small windows on 2nd level and I do not see leak anywhere there. I checked the attic wall flashing light on the walls and did not notice any wetness. (I could not actually go there and touch it). What could be causing the issue?

1. No leak was found in last three years. We had severe rains/storms this year and today is the first time it was noticed.

2. No leak from top windows.

3. The window is located on the side wall and on main level.

Though you are finding the drops as small, it is happening at two other places on the same window at the top which is driving me crazy. My floors are wooden hence more worried.

On a related question, since my home has 10 year structural warranty, wanted to know if this would be covered under the 10 year structural warranty. Please let me know.

Comments (4)