SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_129235

Pergo - do you hate it?

Boopadaboo
6 years ago

I am debating putting Pergo in our master bedroom or possibly all the bedrooms upstairs. I always thought I would hate it, but we have it in two rooms here and I think it looks OK and doesn't feel weird to walk

pergo highland hickory

we bought our house almost a year ago. there was an unplanned bathroom remodel and some electric work to be done. In other words not a lot of money for renovations at the moment. However, there is carpet in the master bedroom and DH feels it is causing him breathing issues. the PO's or the ones before him had dogs, it traps dirt, etc and DH is allergic to dustmites, dog dander and a few other things. we have had the carpets cleaned. In a perfect world I would wait a year or two and put in hardwood floors.

This house has so many flooring types now :( Not counting the bathrooms.

• Main Floor: site finished oak in two rooms, the pergo above in two rooms, a cream tile in the kitchen, a different cream tile in the entry, and a dark red rug.
  • the stairs have a dark green rug (which for some bizarre reason I don't mind it)
  • upstairs there is the dark green carpet in the hall and then grey 30 yr old carpet in all the bedrooms.

DH can install this and the price is obviously good. It took me awhile but I was able to track down the same pergo flooring that we have in the family room and sun room. I think at least that will be some consistency with the rest of the house.

DH wants to use something different. some other kind of engineered wood ( I think that will be twice as much) and won't start the path to standardizing the flooring in this place.

Thoughts?

Comments (20)