SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
goldstar135

Help with mimosa pudica

goldstar135
6 years ago

Hey everyone-

Recently I received a M. Pudica seedling as a gift. It did well for a couple of days, growing two new sets of leaves. However, the most recent set of leaves it grew just withered and fell all of a sudden. It sat in a shaded east-facing window when I first received it-after the leaves fell I moved it to a west-facing window with a lot more sun. I water it whenever the soil becomes dry/when the plant looks a bit thirsty.

The plant currently hasn't shown any signs of growing any new leaves. The lowest leaf set is turning a little pale green/hints of yellow. I'm getting slightly worried.

Should i repot it into better soil with a smaller pot? Should I leave it alone and just begin fertilizing? (I've been giving it RO water with nothing else atm). The west-facing window also gets quite hot in the afternoon when the sun is shining directly at it-should i move it farther away? I've made sure that no part of the plant itself touches the glass.

Thanks in advance! I've always wanted one of these plants, and I hope that I'll be able to make it happier.

Comments (4)