SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marilyn_c

The kindness of strangers.....

marilyn_c
6 years ago

There is a line in the book, 'A Streetcar Named Desire' by Tennessee Williams... "I have always depended on the kindness of strangers".

I have never depended on anyone but Jody and he depends on himself.

I am so touched by all the people who have reached out to us. Yes, strangers and friends. Old friends from high school that I haven't seen in over 50 years!

People donated to the Go Fund Me as anonymous. How can I ever thank them?

People I only know from internet forums. I wouldn't recognize most of them if I did meet them in person.

The lady down the road, that I had never met, who gave me a safe pasture for my horses. Want to know something funny? She also has two horses she rescued from the same kill pen that Bane and Val came from. A true kindred spirit.

One of Jody's friends loaned us a truck. Another friend of his has taken care of the boats, so Jody hasn't had to drive down there every day.

I got a call from a friend who lives on a ranch in George West, Texas. They raise bucking bulls. She said, " I have 4 trucks. I want to give you one."

I said no....that's too much! She insisted. It is a 2005 Dodge. She sent me a picture. It is a nice looking truck. I don't know how to save the picture from Messenger. I will try to figure it out.

She said all it needs is an evaporator coil to fix the a/c. I said I'd get it fixed here. I don't care if it has a/c or not but she insisted on putting it in the shop. I said I would pay for it. It involves removing the dash. It will be about a week. By the way...she is a friend from high school. I have seen her once in 52 years!

So I am truly thankful for friends and strangers. The ones who said a prayer. The ones who held a good thought and gave encouragement. The ones who donated. The ones who helped out. I feel like we are truly blessed.

I thank each one of you. I hope there is some way I can repay the favors.

Comments (37)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio