SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mshutterbug

Help on "twins" bedroom layout! Pretty please!

mshutterbug
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Looking for layout help and ideas for my girls - ages 4 and 5, not actually twins :) We just moved and are trying to get situated. We actually have enough bedrooms for them to have their own, but they really LIKE being together in a bedroom. So, for now I'll have a craft room and later if they want their own space, we can change it up.

Currently they have toddler beds, but very soon we will move them to twin beds. I'm thinking something like cute, simple, white headboards with no footboard. Bunk beds are absolutely out. I'm open to the idea really short headboards, daybeds or really any bed that's not a bunk bed ;) Also - if I can't find exactly what I want, my husband will build it for me. So the bed design can be almost anything. Oh, and I don't plan to put any other furniture in the room, except maybe a bookcase. We keep all their clothes in the closet, and try to keep the bedroom to only stuffed animals (my youngest has an excess lol) and books. Though I am open to the idea of putting in a small area for toys in the future and/or maybe nightstands.

I'll show a pic of the room with their toddler beds positioned approximately where a couple of my layout ideas would put twin beds. Obviously crib mattresses are smaller, but this gives an idea of how it would look.

First a blank layout

Layout Idea #1

-What I don't love about it is one girl gets what would turn out to be a kind of cool built-in bed under the window and the other doesn't. I also want the beds to match in style. One, I like the aesthetic better, but more importantly I don't want any arguments over who gets which bed ;) I DO like that it leaves so much of the room open though. With head on long wall I could even give both nightstands.

Layout Idea #2

-I'm not usually a fan of headboards in the middle of a room, and I'm having a hard time actually picturing how it would look! But I like the idea of leaving that little nook area open for reading pillows and a short bookcase or two.

Layout Idea #3

-I'm sure one would kick the other in the face and/or bug each other all night.

Layout Idea #4

-Essentially eliminates the little nook area, but still leaves open floor space between the beds toward the closet.. But I like that the beds are both facing same direction.

Layout Idea #5

-They'd have to get out of bed by going to the bottom of the beds, and they'd have absolutely no private space. So I think it's out. But I included it because maybe it will spark an idea.

I would love ideas and feedback!!

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida