SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ashley_thompson94

How to decorate and improve my living room and kitchen.

Ashley Thompson
6 years ago

sectional that would help separate the space. The windows are inconvenient and not attractive but I don't care for curtains so I'm thinking the wooden blinds would look so much better. Maybe reading nooks on either side of the fireplace with small bookshelves (built against the outside fireplace wall to about the height of the mantel, above the stone) with spaces underneath for baskets containing the kid's toys would be a good way to use this space as well as giving the kids their own area. I want some type of console table for behind the sofa and maybe a built in desk for behind the door as a type of command center for the family. Originally I planned on putting the desk more in the kitchen but due to lack of a better place for my curio cabinet (the one currently located by the fireplace which was my mother's so I'm keeping it in the house, the China cabinet and matching diningroom table I'm not so sure if I'm leaving or storing it) but if I remove the China cabinet it could go in it's place. Now for the kitchen I'm having problems deciding what, if anything at all, should be used to decorate above the cabinets. I have some bottles there right now but only because I was playing around with them trying to decide whether or not to use them. I think I need to change the lighting but not sure to what. Keep in mind I'm planning on building next year so small upgrades are all I'm trying to make. Also feel free to point out any mistakes I've made as well as any changes or ideas you have. This house has potential and character just needs improvements. Please excuse the table in the kitchen as well as the empty China and curio cabinets, I'm still cleaning them and the walls and making small repairs as well as moving our stuff in. Thanks for your input.

Comments (11)