SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
andrea_lindemann60

Need advice choosing a siding color for a new Victorian style house

Andrea Roach
6 years ago

My husband and I have been trying to pick out our new house siding color and we're having some trouble narrowing it down. Construction just started this summer and the house is up and close to needing siding. Our house is based off of a Victorian style. We've decided on LP Smartside but I'm not liking any of the Diamond Kote color choices so they told us we can do a custom color. The majority of the house will be lap siding but the peaks and the entire turret will be scallops.

I've always envisioned some kind of a green and am leaning towards a blue-green but not anything too dark. We were planning on doing a white trim with white porch posts. I'm also considering making the scalloped siding in the peaks a darker shade. Our shingles are Certainteed "Colonial Slate". The majority of the roof is the landmark style shingle but the turret and very top peak are the carriage house style. Our house is in the country, surrounded by trees and farmland. Any advice on experience with a blue-green exterior house color would be greatly appreciated!

Comments (3)