SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
drdavidge

Here's my apartment floor plan, help me lay out furniture

drdavidge
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Hi, I'm moving into a new apartment soon and wanted to get some ideas on how to lay things out. We are good on how the master bedroom is and pretty good with the second bedroom, but the dining / living room is the question. We have a kid and plan on a second, so we just way to lay the room out to keep the clutter to a minimum.

We have really nice views out the window, but there will be construction starting in about a year towards one side, so that makes me want to put the TV on the other wall so that the couches face the better side. But doing that makes the TV unable to be seen from the dining area. The TV will probably go on a media console rather than mounting on the wall. We have to figure out where to put a sofa, love seat, end tables (at least one but a second optional), a wine rack (24"w x 17"d x 72"h), wine refrigerator (20"d x 10"w x 25"h), a bunch of toys, and stroller parking. All rooms are hardwood floors so we will need some area rugs as well.

We were thinking of getting a small square or round table for the dining area and setting up a play zone in the open space between the sink and the door to the master. Or, we could set up a play zone in the living room closer to the window and "hidden" by a couch. We're open to any and all ideas. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Comments (6)