SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kathryn_newhall

Lacanche: Vertical Convection vs. Warming Cabinet and Cooktop ?s

Kathryn N
6 years ago

After agonizing over range decisions, I think I have decided on one of the 43.5" Lacanche ranges, but I'm not sure which option is best for me: the Savigny/Saulieu or the Chambertin/Chassagne. I have read a number of the Lacanche forum discussions, and people seem to LOVE their warming cabinets, but it seems like a great option to have a larger gas oven and a smaller convection oven in the same range. From what I've seen, the vertical convection oven is bigger now that it used to be. I'm also doing a Miele speed oven, but if I were to forgo the vertical convection oven for a warming cabinet, I'm afraid the speed oven might not be big enough to really serve as a full second oven (and my only electric oven for baking). Would love anyone's thoughts on the vertical convection oven vs. the warming cabinet. (Obviously the Citeaux is the best of both worlds, but I don't want to totally overhaul our kitchen design and like the idea of having a smaller range so I have more counter space).

My other dilemma is the cooktop. I know I want to do the induction rings as my rangetop option, but for the rest of the cooktop, I can't decide between the classique with an 18K, 5K and 11K burner and the classique 4-feux with 2 11K burners, a 15K burner and a 5K burner. It seems like a lot of people don't use the 18K burner often, but that it is great for searing and wok cooking. Would love to hear what others have done and what they would do if they were ordering again!

Comments (23)