SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_35844888

Amatuer attempt to root Tsuga Canadensis cuttings. Help!

User
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

One month tomorrow for the 4 left most cuttings, 3 weeks for the right most 2. All are still green. I clip off any part that dies. Take the bags off everyday for 10-15 minutes. Mist with an atomizer bottle. Sometimes spray them with just water and occasionally a weak fungicide mixture. Clean the bags periodically and give a light mist of water with some bleach on the inside of the bags every few to several days.

Is there any specific time to start to ventilate the bags? Or do you wait until you know there are roots forming?

When do you start giving the cuttings more than just bright shade? Or don't you?

Been pretty cool lately with 50's at night. Thinking about moving them to bottom heat. Do I need to add lights for a certain amount of time each day? Compact Florescent lights ok?

The leaves (needles) appear to be turning towards the light. Is this a good sign? And what's a good way to tell if there are roots forming?

Following picture from first day. I started this thread over in the Conifer forums

but thought it best to continue over here.

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County