SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
katekanes

Engineered flooring help contemporary home

katekanes
6 years ago
Hello,
Any suggestions on a engineered wood that is at least 1/2 thick with a good wear layer in a "greige" color that looks contemporary/smooth but can stand up to two kids? We don't wear shoes in the condo.

Background:
we have to replace our Mullican engineered flooring which warped due to water damage. The wear layer and wood was extremely thin and it popped up and scratched in less than two years before the water damage. It came with the new construction-we did not choose it. We are looking at new engineered hardwood as we have concrete floors for our condo. My installer brought us Pinnacle first and I loved the quality but it was too rustic for our contemporary place. He brought us Armstrong artistic timbers white oak liked wolf ridge next which was 1/2 thick but the wear layer seems extremely thin. I can even see wear on the sample-see picture. I called Armstrong and they said they couldn't tell me how thick the wear layer is. I'm being quoted $7.30 sq foot for the wood alone. I also looked at Mirage both in white oak & maple light character grey drizzle 1/2" thick, 7 inch plank which seems to have a thicker wear layer but I see some negative reviews online. I'm being quoted $10 sq for the wood alone. The store told me it's because Mirage is so popular?

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Buckeye Restoration & Remodeling Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars7 Reviews
Central Ohio's Premier Home Remodelers Since 1996