I think we can start to relax about what trouble tRump can cause...

Eliana

The longer this idiot carries on doing what he does best, the more harmless he becomes. Everyone important will soon start blowing him off, including those he would need to obey him in order to cause the mayhem he keeps babbling about. He has a very limited repertoire and normal people are getting tired of his reruns. His admirers will fade into the woodwork when he does and grownups will take charge and clean up the mess they left behind.

SaveComment29Like2
Comments (29)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
j4c11

I'm glad you found your imaginary safe space.

3 Likes Save    
don_socal

I hope you are right and those that carry out atomic orders rebel.

4 Likes Save    
Ann

Ditto to what j4 said:)

1 Like Save    
Nothing Left to Say

I think it is exceedingly unlikely that the military members charged with carrying out the President's orders to begin a nuclear war would fail to follow those orders. I think there is a slim chance that someone could delay long enough for the 25th Amendment to be invoked if appropriate and the orders then could be countermanded in time. I say this in the context of any President, not Trump in particular.

Save    
blfenton

He's the Commander in Chief and his orders will be followed. I do wonder about military force being used in Venezuela however., where did that one come from?

1 Like Save    
vgkg Z-7 Va(Z-7)

...where most of his stuff comes from, where the sun don't shine.

8 Likes Save    
momj47(7A)

Relax

Not a chance ......

Save    
Save    
josephene_gw

Little man says he is with Guam 1000% as he throws the island under the bus.

Save    
josephene_gw

He is the kind of kid that taunts and taunts and when the fighting starts he

tucks his tail and runs leaving others to clean up his mess.

10 Likes Save    
jodik_gw

A bully without the wherewithal or intelligence to back up his words.

A man with a dangerously ineffective mind and a big mouth.

A person with far more ego and a "mine is bigger than yours" attitude, lacking any sort of personal discipline or critical thought.

Someone without a clue as to what diplomacy means... or an iota of empathy or thought about anyone but himself.

And all this with the power of the president.

What could go wrong, I ask with angry sarcasm?

4 Likes Save    
User

You're right of course, jodik, but I had to "like" Elisabeth's post just because I HOPE that she is right as well. Naturally I will continue to sign every petition that comes my way to counteract the policies of this administration.

1 Like Save    
ojo_sigo

The problem with that thesis ER is the effect it has on those at the receiving end, even Jon McCain had his revenge for Trumps irresponsible rant.

Save    
Jane

Remember the transcript of the call with the Mexican president?

"People are saying" that there are diplomatic talks going on behind the scenes.

His rhetoric seems to be affecting his approval polls slightly. They are up a point.

I'm going to relax for today and let Mueller do his job.

Save    
sunflower_petal(5a)

6 Likes Save    
Jane

Can you imagine what would happen if twitter took away his account? It's publicly held. Who would decide and what would the consequences be? Or maybe they could just delete specific tweets?

Would they have protection? (Legal or otherwise?)

Save    
ojo_sigo

3 Likes Save    
Ann

We often talk about what the world thinks of America. I wonder what posts like ojo's meme just above make the world think of the behavior of Americans.

Save    
ojo_sigo

It is how a lot of Americans see him too Ann but unfortunately he is seen to represent us hence the objections

3 Likes Save    
carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b(zone 9/10)

Are political cartoons that much more influential than the words & positions of the leader of our nation & his party?

1 Like Save    
momj47(7A)

We often talk about what the world thinks of America. I wonder what posts like ojo's meme just above make the world think of the behavior of Americans.

I suspect "the world" is hopeful that enough Americans understand that Mr. Trump seems to be a raving lunatic.

"The world" certainly isn't pleased with Mr. Trump's angry rhetoric and threats to start a nuclear war

6 Likes Save    
jillinnj

I have to believe that saner people will do what is right and not launch a nuclear holocaust regardless of what the mentally ill man-child in the Oval Office says.

Otherwise, it would be impossible to sleep at night.

3 Likes Save    
chase_gw

Ann, are ojo's meme's any less representative of Americans than Margo's ? You often found her's to be quite clever.

The "world" doesn't judge Anericans by their choice of cartoons , the "world" couldn't care less.......the "world" worries about what your President will do to our world.....a worry I never had before Trump

4 Likes Save    
jillinnj

Ann, are ojo's meme's any less representative of Americans than Margo's ? You often found her's to be quite clever.

Add it to the hypocrisy list. We're gonna run out of paper.

Save    
roxsol

Ann, political cartoons have their place....they are just cartoons.

Remember Charlie Hebdo? You don't want to go there.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlie_Hebdo_shooting

"Authors, humorists, cartoonists and individuals have the right to satirise people, public actors and religions, a right which is balanced by defamation laws. These rights and legal mechanisms were designed to protect freedom of speech from local powers, among which was the then-powerful Catholic Church in France.[39]"

ETA...A cartoon is not a meme and and a meme is not a cartoon. Both are fine with me but they are very different creatures.

Save    
ojo_sigo

Whe said this, presciently ?

“He is not just unprepared — he is temperamentally unfit to hold an office that requires knowledge, stability and immense responsibility,rather than solving global crises, he would create new ones.”

1 Like Save    
floral_uk z.8/9 SW UK

What does that cartoon make the rest of the world think of the behaviour of Americans? I imagine the rest of the world looks at cartoons like ojo's and is mightily relieved that there are Americans who create such images, others who agree with their message and yet others simply able to laugh at themselves. It would be terrifying to think there weren't. Just as it is worrying to think there are those so sententious and insecure that they are scared of a silly cartoon.

7 Likes Save    
roxsol

One of my favourites.

4 Likes Save    
vgkg Z-7 Va(Z-7)

The trump memes from around the world are probably much funnier and more critical than ours. Just getting started no doubt.

3 Likes Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
The Polite House The Polite House: What Can I Do About My Neighbors’ Trash Cans?
If you’re tired of staring at unsightly garbage way before pickup day, it’s time to have some tough conversations
Full Story
Pets What Chihuahuas Can Teach Us About Interior Design
Who knew these tiny dogs could be such a huge fount of design tips? Houzzers did
Full Story
Gardening Guides 10 Tips to Start a Garden — Can-Do Ideas for Beginners
Green up your landscape even if you're short on time, money and knowledge, with these manageable steps for first-time gardeners
Full Story