looking for Partridge pea (Chamaecrista fasciculata ) seed seed

robertedmunds23

I'm looking fr a source/seller of partridge pea seed.

SaveComment8Like
Comments (8)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
WoodsTea 6a MO(6a)

Prairie Moon has it. That's a good source because they always send a packet of genus-specific inoculum along with any legume seed.

Save    
Hey Barn

Robert, where do you live? I've got tons of the nasty stuff but it hasn't gone to seed yet.

Save     Thanked by robertedmunds23
robertedmunds23
  • I live in Nova Scotia,Canada .I'd be interested in getting seed from you if cross border mailing isn't a hassle? Prairie Moon sells seed but they want $25 US to ship a packet of seed to Canada. CRAZY!
Save    
Hey Barn

That might be a reasonable price. What size was the package? I'll check Monday when I am at the post office. I just paid $30 to send an small package priority 250 miles.

robertedmunds23

Just an ordinary small packet of seed ( 100 seeds? ). I think the problem is that they only mail to Canada in prepaid air mail envelope.

Save    
Hey Barn

It may be that, or it may be that a permit is required. I just did a quick search here:

Customs Requirements to Canada for seeds

robertedmunds23

! order from Parks (PA ) and Swallowtail seeds ( CA ) yearly and they would also require a permit but their shipping is usually no more than 7-9 dollars US?

Save    
Hey Barn

I asked at the P.O. today and the lady there just referred me to the same website I linked above I think. The cost of sending if it fit in a letter sized envelope would be under $5, but she says you still have to contact the Canadian Wildlife Service to find out if the seeds are permissible. If sent and they are not permitted, there is a hefty fine.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Gardening Guides Great Design Plant: Chamaecrista Fasciculata Brightens City Boulevards
Plant partridge pea in eastern U.S. gardens for its bright yellow flowers, lacy foliage and drought tolerance
Full Story
Gardening Guides 8 Essential Native Wildflowers for the Southeast
Wildflowers add a flash of color to the home landscape
Full Story
Fall Gardening Plant Native Annual Flowers for a Garden Surprise Every Year
These 15 well-adapted native annuals can add spontaneity to gardens around the country
Full Story
Inspiration for some backyard chats
Inspiration for a warm welcome
Inspiration for dinner time under the stars
Inspiration for a little quality time
Inspiration for making that best pizza ever
With the help of our experienced experts, remodeling will no longer be a hassle for you to handle. Virginia... Read More