SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
caligirl555

Furniture for office/guest bedroom

caligirl5
6 years ago

Hey folks! I'm looking for some advice on furniture in my spare bedroom. I want to have a full-size bed and desk. I also want to maximize storage (tiny closets with no good space for bulkier items). Wanted to see what you guys think of my plan and any suggestions to improve before I buy anything else.

Here's the room. The paint is Revere Pewter. All the pictures were coming out very dark, if necessary I can add more tomorrow in better light.

And here's my tentative floorplan. Less sure on the desk placement, though I think I like it in that area and facing away from the wall/right window.

I'm thinking of this storage bed from Ikea, where I'd have room underneath for suitcases etc and platform to block dog hair. It's not a great fit for my style (craftsman house with decor leaning vintage/folksy), but I'm hoping to add some trim or something to make it blend in better. Open to other suggestions! The full-size Ikea beds are a bit longer than regular full-size beds, so I want to be more confident in the layout before I buy the bed. I actually had a different Ikea bed in the space, but I sold it because I thought I wanted the bed oriented long-ways in the nook and the Ikea bed wouldn't fit.

I have a Pottery Barn desk I got from craigslist a few years ago. It's almost exactly like this one (my hutch is shorter). I like it a lot! But I don't use it a ton, so wondering if I should look for something smaller for my space.

What do you guys think? I think I've (virtually) re-arranged the furniture every way possible and probably need fresh eyes.

Comments (4)