SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nicoletta7

Small Closet Space, choosing access location

Nicoletta
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

I have this corner of space that I really want to use the best way possible. Inside the bathroom I would like to access a portion of it for linen storage. I am thinking either a narrow deep closet space for the bathroom or just shallow open shelves along the whole width of the space allowing the rest of the depth to be used from another location.

I would like to put the door to access this right on the corner of the dining room but that would mean a door, with trim, along that wall. It would then serve as extra storage for kitchen appliances that are not used a lot, or even extra storage for drinks, cleaning supplies, etc.

Putting it in the hallway would perhaps be more aesthetically pleasing, but I do have designed right now that all my smart controls and thermostat go on that wall right where the door would need to be to access this space from the hallway.

My question is, where would you put the door and how would you divide this space between bathroom and secondary closet storage?

Edit: The closet space itself is 3' deep (if looking at it from hall or bathroom) and 2' 6" wide.

Comment