SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cac546

What tile goes with whitewashed white oak hardwoods?

cac546
6 years ago

Hello,

My husband and I are currently in the process of building a custom home and are having a hard time picking out a tile that will flow with our whitewashed white oak hardwood floors. Our house is 4200sqft and will be modern-transitional in style. The first floor will be mostly hardwoods with carpet in the playroom (which adjoins the kitchen through a door) and tile in the mudroom and a back hallway/bath that leads out to the backyard/pool. The mudroom and back hallway/bath both adjoin the kitchen so we're planning on picking the same tile for both areas so we don't have too many flooring options coming together in one area.

The hardwood floor will be site finished 5" wide white oak with a white stain that may or may not have a tiny amount of gray added in. The kitchen cabinets will be white shaker with white quartz counters.

Does anyone have any photos or suggestions for tile that will go with a modern whitewashed white oak floor?

My instinct tells me that we'll need something with enough color saturation to contrast with the floor but then I run into the problem of having dark tile in two areas of the main floor when the entire rest of the house is very light and white. The only tile I've found so far that I like along with our flooring sample (which isn't as wide as our actual floors will be and also won't be an exact match for our stain as we're doing site finished) is the Shades line by Crossville in Ash (shown below in terrible photo taken in tile shop).

Thanks in advance for any ideas/inspiration photos!

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery
Average rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars233 Reviews
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery