SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
okiedawn1

Good-bye July, Hello August (Week 1)

Here's a second attempt at getting this week's conversation thread started. I just posted it, and it posted twice, so then when I deleted one, they both deleted. I guess the Houzz garden gnomes are misbehaving this morning.

So, here we are at the start of another work week and also the ending of one summer month and the beginning of another.

I hope everyone is taking advantage of the abnormally cooler weather to get some garden tasks done.

I hope Jay's garden is as happy as I think it is, especially since it got good rainfall but isn't flooding.

Kim, I hope the rainfall found your part of TX. It hasn't really found us yet but I just keep hoping and praying it will.

What's everyone's plans for this week? What are y'all doing? Harvesting? Planting? Canning? Freezing produce? Dreaming of September rainfall and temperatures?

Down here in extreme southern OK, we folks along the Red River are finally feeling some cooler weather, but have one more day with highs in the 90s expected before the real cooldown gives us some milder high temperatures in the 80s starting tomorrow. I can't wait and have big plans to spend all of tomorrow outdoors. All of it. Every single bit of it. When I cook dinner tonight, I'm cooking tomorrow's dinner right along with it so I don't have to spend any of my perfect outdoor day indoors preparing a meal. I want the meals for tomorrow prepared today so that tomorrow we can just heat and eat. It isn't just the garden that needs attention tomorrow, but the yard as well.

Let us know what's new with you! Today I'm going to get out early and harvest all the peppers that are a nice usable size and then I'm going to make pepper jelly. I've already canned and frozen quite a few peppers this summer, but haven't made any pepper jelly yet. It is looking like a really good year for habaneros, and based on the heat and dryness I expect their flavor will be extra hot.

Dawn

Comments (76)