SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
funkyartoo

Follow up to dress shopping

Funkyart
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

A number of months ago, I asked for help in searching out dresses for my sister to wear to her two kids' weddings. As a result of your help and a lot of shopping online, we were able to pretty quickly and painlessly find her two dresses-- one for the MOG in the fall and one for MOB in spring. I then went on to try to help my mother-- who has a long list of "must have" and "must not haves". That search continues and as a result, I haven't spent any real time looking for myself. But a dress Oly suggested for my sister kept haunting me. I LOVED this Adrianna Papell party dress Oly found:

I finally ordered it last week-- and so glad I did.

First, I must say the colors are *nothing* like any of the sites present in the photos. The one above is probably closest but really not all that close. The pink/coral color is actually.. brace yourselves.. the color of dayglow orange silly string. I do not lie. It is bright and very close to a neon color! The green is an awesome green that with the gold tones down the coral. The pattern is just yummy. Very pretty modern vintage. It is absolutely not a colorway or style that many could wear-- or that many would choose to wear-- but I LOVE it. The lines are classic but the fabric is unexpected. Perfect for me and for my coloring.

I don't know that I will wear it to one of the weddings. If I do, it will be the spring wedding. I had hoped I could make it work for the fall but I just can't come up with a way to pair it with a sweater or jacket that would work for the late Oct temps (and I am pretty sure dayglow orange is not one of this seasons colors lol!) I am dying to give it a whirl so I may just find a reason or event this summer so I can wear it out in the light of day!

Thank you, Oly.. I am not sure i'd have found it without your recommendation.

Comments (22)

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH