SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jrcollins83

Does putting your home in the "Parade of Homes" save you money

Jomanda
6 years ago

My wife and I are building a $1.5 million to $2 million dollar home in Sandy, Utah. Here in Salt Lake County the builders association puts on a "Parade of Homes" where about 25 homes in the county are open to the public to walk through with a purchase of a "parade ticket". The purpose of the parade is to showcase the latest designs and trends, but probably more so to showcase the work of everyone that helped build the home. Some of the top homes are voted on and awards are always given to the best in class homes. It's very popular here in Salt Lake.

I have no desire to "show-off" my home to the public, but have heard that the discounts you can get from builders, architects, subs, landscaping, appliances, pool, etc. make it worth it. Then I've heard others say the discounts aren't as good as they sound and that it's not worth it.

Does anyone have any experience with this and insight into the pro's and con's of the process.

For what it's worth, we've got some really cool and unique design ideas that would really make the home stand out from any of the others... and I think it would have a really good chance at winning some of the awards, which I imagine is what the builders, architects, and subs are hoping for.

Comments (18)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio