SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jill_coopersmith

Backsplash edge question

Jill Coopersmith
6 years ago

Hi everyone, I have another backsplash question today. Backsplash is being installed this week and I need to make a decision on the edge for one 10" tall open end.

The tiles are 3x10 ceramic, which will be installed horizontal subway style. I have a matching bullnose tile, but it is the same size as the regular tiles with the finished edge along one 10" side. Using this would result in the bullnose being installed vertically against the horizontal run. I don't think that is going to look right.

I asked the tile installer if he could make me a pencil edge out of the bullnose tile and he said he could try, but usually cutting it too small will result in breakage or chipping.

Need suggestions! See pics below:

In this picture the tile will be installed to the left of and end at the green line. The height of the open edge will be approximately 10". This is the only area in the entire room with an open edge.

In this picture the bullnose tile is the vertical piece to the far left. It looks identical to the other tiles but the finished edge is along one 10" side.

Comments (18)