SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
michelle_laurie71

Kitchen Design Alignment Help Needed

Michelle Laurie
6 years ago

We are building a house on an old foundation. The kitchen was designed to have letter box windows above and below cabinets on the north wall which looks onto a green cedar forest. I imagine it as a modern kitchen with high gloss white cabinets across the entire wall, hiding the hood. (see this dream kitchen for inspiration https://www.houzz.com/photos/east-hampton-kitchen-contemporary-kitchen-new-york-phvw-vp~11902813). There is an additional west wall of floor to ceiling pantry cabinets, coffee maker, broom closet as well as where the fridge will go. After engineering, a steel post now forces one of my letterbox windows to be smaller than the other which is creating a design dilemma. There is an 8 and a half ft island as well. We are planning to put the 36 inch range on the north wall, between the lower windows and have a large backsplash to deal with some of balancing issues. The double sink will go on the island. However, I am not sure how to align these different parts, Do I centre the range between the windows and then have sink off centre on island? Centre Range in windows and centre sink on island (despite not being lined up)? Other suggestions? Should I rethink how the cabinets are put in to cover up the oddity? For example open shelves on the end of the longer window? Help please!!

Comments (10)