SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jill_coopersmith

HELP! Vanity drawers/doors show large gaps and interior drawer boxes!

Jill Coopersmith
6 years ago

We are recovering from flood loss throughout our home and have been living in a hotel since January. We have had to redo everything in the home - walls, floors, kitchen, bathrooms, etc. We splurged on custom kitchen, and in an effort to stay close to insurance allowances on everything else, we selected standard grade bathroom materials.

The Aristokraft standard grade vanity cabinets were installed this past week. We stopped by the house to look, and while we are generally happy with the color and door style we chose, the cabinets look awful because the drawers and doors don't fully close and you can see through to the inside, including the drawer boxes on the inside, even when standing in the doorway to the room.

I called my GC late Friday and explained what I was seeing. He said he would take a look on Monday, but also said, "Well, you picked these cabinets, so if the issue is that they are just poor quality cabinets you will have to take that up with the shop that supplied them." I asked to him to not install the countertops until this is fully reviewed and resolved.

My husband and I went to the local kitchen/bath shop where the cabinets were purchased. We also looked again at the display of the exact cabinet style and grade we selected and while there is a small gap (due to the rubber bumpers) we do not see the same issues that we see in our installation. We showed the guys at the shop the pictures and they said that the installer has not completed the required drawer and door alignment process.

In all the below pics the drawers are in the fully closed position. Please share you advice and opinions!

Comments (24)

Sponsored
Miller Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Franklin County's Trusted Custom Cabinetry Solutions