SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
triffidmoss

Finally found one! A hoya ticked off the wish list :D

triffidmoss
6 years ago

I stalk the nurseries and Bunnings stores all the time "just in case" because you have to be there on the day they are put out on the shelves or the good stuff is gone. On Tuesday we dropped into our local Bunnings not expecting anything because Thursday is their plant delivery day. To my surprise they had a new delivery of hoyas. I bought two new ones for me, Hoya vanuatuensis and kentiana.

Tonight we decided to drop in and check the other Bunnings store and I'm so glad we did! I found one I've been hoping to find for ages!

I have a few hoyas on my "hoya bucket list" and tonight I can tick off number two on that list, Hoya retusa!!!

I admit when I saw it I kind of stared at it blankly not believing what I was looking at before snatching it up with a cry, looking around wildly in case anyone was even thinking of coming within 5 metres of " my precccciousss!!!!" (it was awkward for everyone, I'm sure :D )

While I was holding plantlife to my chest in a death grip my partner said "I like that one" pointing to a burtoniae then asked "do you have that one?" pointing to a cilata so they came home with me as well. I like to say it's all his fault!

Here is my new baby! (The yellow leaves in the photo don't look yellow in real life, btw)

and here is it with the little burtoniae which looks like a skinnier purple tinted Ds-70 to be honest.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Rodriguez Construction Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading Home Builders in Franklin County, OH