SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sravanthijane

Ideas fro Evergreen privacy screen with some trees

Hi guys,

In our backyard when we get onto our deck to the RIGHT , I can see my neighbors fence and their deck in full view from ours. Am interested in setting up a privacy screen with evergreens , just for the portion of the deck length and then a combination of trees and shrubs to cover up a portion of the fence on our right (a portion only since its really long fence )which I have no liking what so ever and also to cover up the fact that my either side neighbors used different fencing styles with different heights.

Some of the evergreens and trees I have in mind is

1. emerald green arborvitae ( about 6 )

2. green giants thuja ( about 3)

3. Crepe Myrtles a few semi dwarf infront of them .

4. Sango Kaku Japaneese maple for the lime green leaves

5. Blue spruce ( 2 ) compact variety

6. Purple leaf plum ( may be)

7. Double file viburnum shastha

8. Yellow ribbon arborvitae ( for the bright yellow color)

9. Redbud (1)

10. Smokebushes ( a few to fill up the gaps)

11. Boxwoods

12. Clematis armandii ( or any other evergreen creeper )

13. Barberry bushes

On the LEFT side of our deck, I would like to plant a big enough tree which looks good,structure wise ( read a lot and I kinda narrowed it to "October glory Red Maple". Something that would give shade in the long run for the deck. ( My husband thinks its not going to help) Any other ideas would help me.

I would also like to set up a Pergola on the left side of our yard, further up towards the evergreen woods we have. Thats the only place that gets a little shade ( Ard 3 pm on wards). So a tree between the pergola and our house on the left side.

So on the left something like

1. Red Maple Tree

2. Dogwood next to the Pergola

3. Hydrangea may be

I do have deer problem and that is the reason for the huge deck to the right.

I might not add all the trees and plants in one big go, because of the cost feature, but would like to start with a big picture in mind and slowly add to the yard.

Also would like to keep most of the lawn as is, because that i what I wanted in the first place, its just the borders, I want to add all this stuff.

Anyone has any ideas to add or to propose instead. Please let me know am very much interested in what the experts think. Thanks for taking time in reading this.

Attached you will find the pictures of the deck and the fences and the yard.

Comments (16)