SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
delamusique

Help! Closet/wardrobe inside of bathroom

delamusique
6 years ago

Hi everyone,

We are in a quandary about a closet that we need to build inside of an en-suite bathroom. The bedroom itself is small (around 8' x 12'), so we decided not to take up wall space for a closet opening into the room. FYI: there is enough wall space for a bed and 1 piece of furniture (most likely a desk since it will be a kid's room, though someone else might put a dresser there). With this in mind, we reluctantly put the bedroom closet into the en-suite bathroom. It is an L-shape (66"x44") and I am trying optimize all of the space and have it be as functional as possible, including drawers, shelves, and hanging space. We have a ventilation fan and a window in the bathroom, so I am praying that they will help with the moisture. Here is what I can't seem to figure out:

1. What is the best material for a closet in the bathroom? Solid wood? Thermofused melamine (which the custom closet guys offer)?

2. Should there be doors on the closets to protect the clothes?

3. Is the thermofused melamine that the custom closet folks use a whole lot better than the stuff that Ikea wardrobes are made of? The latter would save us a whole lot of money!

Any experience or advice about closets in the bathroom?

Thank you so much!

Signed,

Closet Confusion

Comments (7)