SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mobuddy89

Chantilly Lace versus Super White for trim/cabinets

mobuddy89
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

A thread was started recently about painting kitchen cabinets and it was suggested by Lori Sawaya to use a BM white called Chantilly Lace. Rather than continuing to possibly high jack that thread, I am posting my questions about using CL or Super White also by Benjamin Moore. I have all the trim in my house to paint along with all new interior doors and closets. I only want to do this once in the remaining time I plan to live here. I want to get it right. I am also painting three bathroom cabinets and eventually would like to do my family room built-ins. I have purchased samples of several other whites as well (white, deco white, simply white -- ruled out as too gray or creamy in my lighting) but still think the Super White or Chantilly Lace would work best. I have bought sample trim, a piece of drywall and test piece of oak (to mimic the cabinets). I have placed these painted pieces of trim and drywall vertically, horizontally and just about everywhere in the house. My home faces north and is blocked in the summer by lots of trees. I think I might be splitting hairs here. They both look so similar and appear to be a very clean white which is what I am wanting. Is there a vast difference between CL and SW that might sway me one way or another that anyone might have experienced? Does one work better in some situations more than others? Or am I just being very, very nitpicky?

Comments (124)