SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
brian_hawkins89

Please help, I think I'm growing weeds instead of peppers.

Brian Hawkins
6 years ago

Someone gave me Italian long peppers (sweet one not hot ones) last year and I'm never seen them here, so when I cooked them I saved the seeds and tried to plant them this year to grow my own (I've never grown anything before). I planted them about a month later than I should have indoors and then planted them outside when they were too small. When I first planted indoors I planted in little tomato starter peat moss pots (it was a tomato starter kit). I put about 5 or 6 seeds per pod and planted the whole pod when I transplanted outside. Most of the little pepper plants I planted died when I planted them outside (they were only about and 1-1/2 tall and a heavy rain broke most of the stems). Shortly after that I saw some shoots sprouting and figured the other seeds were going. Now that they've gotten a little bigger I am noticing the leaves on the leaves on all the plants don't look the same. In the above picture I am confident the plant in the lower left is a pepper plant, the one in the middle and the two on the right look different. Are they pepper planets too or am I growing weeds in my pepper garden. I planted these plants in pots outside using bags of potting soil. Any help is appreciated

Comments (3)

Sponsored