SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
arlene_82

Garden walk in Cleveland

I just wanted to share some photos from Garden Walk Cleveland this morning. This is the first year I have done it though I have lived here in the city for four years now. Four neighborhoods all over the city were featured, and my husband and I walked the one closest to us. It's a free, self-guided tour and several dozen homes participated. We truly enjoyed meeting the gardeners and seeing their creations.

I have admired this public garden from the car several times, and enjoyed getting to walk through it today. It features a couple of little free libraries and benches for reading.

I have seen this garden in the local news before. The wall is made up of bottles and hunks of glass, mostly blue. It reminds me of when my mother used to collect sea glass and explained that blue was the rarest color to find and therefore the most valuable.

Neighboring that home is a residence that used to be a funeral parlor. Painted on the back house is this mural, meant to create the illusion of more depth. The owners have added some 3-D elements to the mural including this cute windowbox.

Gomphrena and coreopsis

Tour continued below

Comments (15)