SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_9459064

Question about hiring an interior designer

User
6 years ago

We are in the process of buying a house, it was built in 1989 but needs a few updates. I need help in coming up with a paint color scheme (for the walls), mostly for the main floor of living (living room, family room, kitchen, office) and the upper bedrooms. Other smallish projects would be: paint on the walls and new countertop for kids bathroom, new floor tile in master bathroom and possibly switching out bathtub with a free standing tub in master bathroom, replacing carpet with hardwood in the family room and possibly the (large) master bedroom. Another possible project would be making some modifications to the kitchen to update it, but it might be cost prohibitive right now. Also, I need to replace a handful of overhead light fixtures and make it look cohesive and need help/consultation in purchasing a few couches, armchairs, and possibly dining furniture or at least new dining chairs. I've never worked with a designer for something of this magnitude. How expensive would it be? Is this something that interior designers do?

Comments (9)