SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_2655804

Used coffee grounds tea

User
6 years ago

Have a 25,000 lawn area that we planted after construction and have some trouble areas in lawn pertaining to weak growth and periodic yellowing. I have started going more natural using sbm, milorganite, mechanical removal of weeds, compost tea and used coffee grounds. Had soil test done last fall and ph was 7.23 with higher calcium and magnesium. Used our ph pool water test strip last night and our well water (have irrigation system) is very alkaline as this effects our pool and have to lower pool water ph regularly. So after I water lawn those problem areas seem to yellow more. My guess is the alkaline irrigation well water is inhibiting iron uptake, not sure. So recently have been getting 5 gallon buckets of coffee grounds and putting them in drop spreader filling up spreader with water and applying this 'weak coffee tea' to lawn (sometimes I add in my compost tea too) which seems to be greening up lawn. I have not found any information about what the ph is of used coffee grounds dissolved back into coffee and the effects of applying that to a lawn. Wondering if I should apply elemental sulfur eventually? Thanks for any kind feedback and/or educational information I'm not 100% organic and neither is my lawn, I'm definitely working towards a healthier and more balanced yard and appreciate your tips. Soon will be getting some alfalfa for next application

Comments (20)

Sponsored