SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
luckydog1949

Pepper plant drooped and died, white

luckydog1949
6 years ago

Only one of my six closely planted pepper plants drooped, like a total wilt, and stayed that way for several days. All of the other peppers and nearby tomatoes showed no problems, at all. I gave up on that plant and pulled it up. The roots had white lumps (looked like pieces of perlite; but there is none in the raised bed) on them. It's been several days since I pulled that plant and no other plants have demonstrated any problems. The nearest problem description I can find on-line is Southern Blight; but, there was no white substance around the stem, above or below ground and nothing on the leaves.

This is in a raised bed (4' x 8') that I built this year. The timbers are cedar 2" x 4", screwed together; and, it's filled with a mix of top soil, manure, and compost purchased at a "large hardware/lumber store."

All plants were bought at "nation-wide discount store." There are four Better Boy tomato plants, two jalapeno plants, two Big Bertha bell pepper plants, two MexiBell pepper plants, and the one (now dead and gone) yellow bell pepper plant. I planted four Marigold plants along each long side of the planter.

Any advice/insight is very welcome.

Comment

Sponsored