SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
estherb2

There has been GROWTH and here are pics to prove it!

I was unable to go out for a couple of days due to sprained arches (ow!). When I ventured outside today, I was amazed by the growth of my hostas in the last week or so. We didn't have an absolute deluge of rain, so it wasn't that. Maybe they just hit their stride. Anyway, for your viewing pleasure, I give you a bunch of my hostas, and a couple of heuchies.

Yellow Polka Dot Bikini, flowering

Heuchie Sugar Berry has made a nice comeback from the "landscape worker" assault with weed killer being sprayed directly adjacent to my garden, with the inevitable blowback ONTO my garden.

Gypsy Rose shyly peeking out from under her friend Neon Flash's (dwarf spirea) protective branches.

High Society, while not what I'd like to be by this time of year, is trying. I give it credit for trying, but I hope it does better next year.

Little Hideout, new this year, is just the cutest lil' fella. I really enjoy this one.

Virginia Reel, new this year, has settled in nicely and gives me the high five every time I pass her.

Heuchie Ginger Snap has also recovered very nicely from the weedkiller that got on her. Grand Prize is the little hosta behind her.

I was just pointing out to a neighbor today that these guys in the pot are having their best year ever this year. In the back, hogging the 18" pot, is Appletini. To its left, starting to flower, is a very thriving and spreading Cracker Crumbs. That's Pure Heart with the purple flower, and teeny little Cameo doing well under Appletini's wing.

This is the latest picture of that amazing Paisley Print. You'd never know it was in a pot, it covers it completely. Now flowering.

This is Blue Jay, flowering next to Paisley Print. You can see my soaker hose connection under Blue Jay. Love that soaker hose!

Comments (12)