SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
froggedd

Looking for suggestions on covering a chain link fence with plants

frogged
6 years ago

Hello, not sure where the best place to ask this, thought I would give it a shot here. I want to block the view create privacy from the street. As you walk along the sidewalk in front of my neighbours home you can see my side yard, house and backyard. There is a chain link fence aprox 6 feet high which runs along the side of my house and the neighbours front yard and continues between the two houses. The fence is about 5.5 ft away from my house) This spot gets full sun noon until late afternoon. (the area between the houses less sun- this area is blocked from the street so plant coverage is not as important here, but for light referance there is a lilac tree against the neighbours house grows well and flowers every year. Im located in SW ontario (5b- 6a) Clay soil. What I want is something that will have coverage all year long, suitable to grow on/beside a fence ie nothing that wants to be 3 foot wide, with roots that behave..... Not asking much huh. So is there a shrub, vine, perennial that I should look at TIA

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022