SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
raymondranch

Ideas for improving my son's front yard?

raymondranch
6 years ago

My son moved into this house last October. We know we need to renovate the grass this fall. It got too hot too fast this spring and we didn't get it done. Not too impressed with the shrubs in front of the windows. They helped us identify the privet and barberry over on the shrub forum. I am more inclined to like the form of the barberry. I looked under Nebraska invasives and it isn't listed there but I know it is a problem in some areas. There is a row of knockout roses in the bed going up to the front door.

Not too sure what the conifers are flanking the driveway, maybe alberta spruce? There is a honey locust tree in the hellstrip area and then the birch right smack in front of the house. I know that it's shade would be sorely missed if it weren't there but I know it looks kind of awkwardly placed.

I am pretty sure it will be suggested that we trim up the branches on the birch tree! :) I would love suggestions on the best way to go about that. Do you need to take branches back to a certain point?

Any other suggestions on how to improve this little yard? The houses are very close together and there is not much room to go out to the sides without impeding the little walkway room that is there.

Comments (23)