SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
deena_bailarina

HAVE FOR TRADE: Louisiana Black Gamecock Iris

D Bai
6 years ago

These lovelies divide and multiply quickly! They do well in the ground or on a pond margin. They're actually happily growing in a tub of shallow water at the moment, while awaiting new homes! They have already flowered this year (photos are from last spring- the stand is even thicker now!), so no flowers til next year.

They're divided, rinsed and trimmed-down for shipping - Priority Mail, USA only. They look like a lovely ornamental grass when they're not flowering. Pretty evergreen (zone 7B). They like their feet moist to wet (and will grow in shallow water as you can see in the photos. They're on an 8-inch deep pond shelf). Part to full sun.

I have only large rhizomes left with several shoots each so I'm now counting the # of above-ground shoots since I'd rather not break up healthy rhizomes.

Trade only please. (I gave away dozens and now would really like to find a plant fairy of my own to help me diversify my gardens!) :)

Seeking: Southeastern USA Native plants! Ex: Orange coneflower (Rudbeckia fulgida), Native coral honeysuckle (Lonicera sempervirens), Itea (Virginia sweetsprire- Little Henry, dwarf version), Buttonbush (Cephalantus), Crossvine (native trumpet), Green & Gold, Rose Mallow.... Or, suggest another Southeast native as long as it doesn't need a TON of sun (wooded property with just a few sunny spots).

Sponsored