SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mvar07

Meyer lemon repotting

Matt
6 years ago

Hello all,

I have a Meyer lemon in a pot that was given to me as a gift 1 year ago. I am in zone 6. Through the great information on this forum it has actually managed to grow! I water whenever the soil feels dry and use 1tsp/gal foliage pro with each watering. It spent the winter inside under a small plant bulb and went back outside in late April. It's grown well since going back outside so far.

I had planned to repot it a couple months ago based on the recommendation of the person who gave it to me, but got busy and it never happened. Now that it's June and pretty warm, is it too late to repot? Also, it's been growing so well over the past few month, the idea of stressing it is a little scary. Is there any good way to tell if it's ready to move up and get new soil? I have read the multiple posts on the container forum and had been planning on using 511 for the new container. If it is ready, what is the next recommended size? The current nursery pot is 10" across the top. Below are a couple recent pictures.

Thank you for your thoughts!

Matt

Comments (15)