SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sammers510

May have lost most of my trees

Sammers510
6 years ago

I am devastated right now. I threw out my back on Tuesday night and haven't been able to move very much until yesterday. I had my Aunt and cousin come check on me a few times and I asked them to water my trees but we had a 90-100 degree heat wave all week and 8 out of 12 of my tree's leaves have shrived up and fallen off/continue to fall.(Meyer, Bearss, Key Lime, Calamondin, AFL, Kishu, Seville, Moro) The Moro is on the cusp but everything else looks completely fried. I am so brokenhearted, all but the fingerlime had fruit on it and now they all dropped and might not recover without any leaves. The only ones I think will make it will be the Oro Blanco, Washington Navel, NZL and Buddahs Hand. The Oro and the Navel are in a potting soil mix so I think that helped them stay moist. I had moved them to the area of my yard with the least amount of sun since I don't have any shaded areas it only get 1-2 hours of direct sun and now I am praying they recover. I'll try and take some pictures soon when I can get out there, I would appreciate any help with encouraging them to flush new growth as I am not sure how to do that in their current state and spring already having passed.

Comments (15)