SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
funkyartoo

weight loss woes

Funkyart
6 years ago

I'll start with the fact that weight loss is always hard for me-- i am not a binger, not much of a junk food eater, don't get cravings for sweets. I have my demons but I can keep them under control. For the last 8 months or so, i cut wayyyy back and saw little to any movement on the scales. Switched to alternate day fasting and was pretty pleased with the results. Last sunday I was down 15 lb.. was thrilled.

This past week has been very busy-- and fairly stressful (though mostly good stress. Good things are happening at work-- but it's because of hard work and causing more work). I had a number of days in a row where i was under 500 calories. I'd have coffee and maybe an unsweetened iced tea at work.. come home later in the evening and have no desire for a meal. One night I had pickles, an orange and a few crackers.. another night, just a bowl of grape tomatoes and a piece of cheese. Admittedly very poor and lazy eating-- but low calorie nonetheless.

Today I weighed and i am UP 4 lb. WTH??? I can understand that perhaps i was eating too little for a significant loss-- but a GAIN?! I am really struggling to brush it off and move forward. So many things are picking up in my life.. and the weight loss was fitting right in with it all. Now i feel like I've taken a huge step backwards. Almost 1/3 of my losses.. and three weeks worth of effort (four if i count the one where there was NO loss but a gain).

I've been down the weight loss path enough times to know that one day on the scale means little.. but i didn't expect a flux of 4lb. I am sure it will even out but i needed to vent.. needed to get it out so that i don't get resentful and get off track. Grrrrr just doesn't express my frustration!

Comments (38)