SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pam_merrill

Rattlesnake Master....death??

Pam Merrill
6 years ago

We live in central Illinois...we grow this in 2 locations on our property...These 2 are newly planted this season...there were 3 individual plants in one pot..divided and planted..they are doing well except for the one...not sure if this is damage by insect or weather? Never had a RM have this look????

Comments (3)

• Jay 6a n.c. IL.
    6 years ago

I think it could be the weather.I'm in central Illinois also.It's been unusually dry and after just looking at my rattlesnake masters,they don't look so great this year either. I know they are drought tolerant,but we didn't have the wet spring we usually have.

• User
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

I lost a load of these, planting in late spring (In my unirrigated clearing). Whilst they might be drought tolerant, it's only when they have got their roots well anchored and spread. The eryngoes are tough, tough plants though - a good watering and they should be fine.

• Jay 6a n.c. IL.
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

It's the weather.I've had mine in the ground for at least 5 years and they look worse than yours.Does'nt seem like they are going to bloom this year, and they have bloomed great in previous years.

Sponsored
Yellowlite
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars7 Reviews
Chicago's Leading Clean Energy & Solar Panel Provider