Rattlesnake Master....death??

Pam Merrill

We live in central Illinois...we grow this in 2 locations on our property...These 2 are newly planted this season...there were 3 individual plants in one pot..divided and planted..they are doing well except for the one...not sure if this is damage by insect or weather? Never had a RM have this look????

SaveComment3Like
Comments (3)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Jay 6a n.c. IL.

I think it could be the weather.I'm in central Illinois also.It's been unusually dry and after just looking at my rattlesnake masters,they don't look so great this year either. I know they are drought tolerant,but we didn't have the wet spring we usually have.

Save    
Campanula UK Z8

I lost a load of these, planting in late spring (In my unirrigated clearing). Whilst they might be drought tolerant, it's only when they have got their roots well anchored and spread. The eryngoes are tough, tough plants though - a good watering and they should be fine.

Save    
Jay 6a n.c. IL.

It's the weather.I've had mine in the ground for at least 5 years and they look worse than yours.Does'nt seem like they are going to bloom this year, and they have bloomed great in previous years.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Gardening Guides Great Native Plant: Rattlesnake Master for Unique Interest
Serpents actually don’t give a hoot about this prairie wildflower, but insects do — and the foliage is a big draw too
Full Story
Decorating Guides Are Ceiling Fans the Kiss of Death for Design?
Ceiling fans get a bad rap for being clunky and outdated, but these streamlined styles and a bevy of pros beg to differ
Full Story
Pink The Pink Link — Learn the Secrets of a Decorating Darling
Is it the kiss of death for masculine rooms? Can it soothe a psyche? Discover the history and theories behind this delightful color
Full Story
Inspiration for some backyard chats
Inspiration for a warm welcome
Inspiration for dinner time under the stars
Inspiration for a little quality time
Inspiration for making that best pizza ever
At Bull Run Kitchen and Bath, we are dedicated to providing professional service and work hard to ensure that our... Read More